Thursday, August 18, 2011

A Surgery You Will Never Dream Of.


For most of my friends who are close to me will not think this is new cos they have heard me being so excited and talking about it for months.

The reason why i am all so excited for it cos it's another step forward for me to look better.

The Surgery that i am going for is called "Orthognathic surgery" which somehow people relate it it as plastic surgery or jaw surgery if they don't know the term called Orthognathic Surgery.

Let me give you a brief of Orthognathic Surgery.
Orthognathic surgery is needed when jaws don't meet correctly and/or teeth don't seem to fit with jaws. Teeth are straightened with orthodontics and corrective jaw surgery repositions misaligned jaws. This not only improves facial appearance, but also ensures that teeth meet correctly and function properly.


The reason to me wanting to have a Orthognathic Surgery is also because i thought that right side of my jaw ain't looking really nice then the left where my left side is more prominent and lowered then the right. (That's the reason why i always take pictures showing my left jaw if you did noticed.)

The second reason is of course that i need to correct and align my bite nicely to have a million dollar smile.


From what i've heard from my doctors, he said that my lower jaw over bites the upper and he have to cut away a portion of my lower jaw bone and bring it backward to have a aligned bite.

From those researches i've done, some said that after the surgery, they aren't able to talk for maybe one month cos of the healing and also even if they are able to talk, they have to start from scratch again to learn how to speak.

This is not all that i will be experiencing, There could also be some numbness in the face due to nerve damage. The numbness may be either temporary, or, more rarely, permanent.



As mentioned, i want to have a million dollar smile so i have to have straight teeth too and i have to under go braces too after my surgery but there's yet another problem.

Few months back i was being asked to go for an X-ray and my doctors realized that my upper jaw plate that is above my tongue is as thin as a piece of drawing block paper and if i go for braces, there is a 50% chance that my whole face will shatter into pieces.


In other to solve this problem, I have to undergo another surgery that i have to retrieve a small slice piece of bone from my hip and join with my upper jaw plate that is right above my tongue. 



It has been years that i am waiting to go for this surgery because i really hate how LONG my face/chin looks. The side profile of my face look so moon that i really hate it because i think it is so damn unfortunate to have damn moon face. It's like you've got hit my some damn bus right in the middle of your face that you have that face shape.

UNFORTUNATE. So i'm going to change it!


I guess in a few more moths to go, I will be going through the surgery but i am not confirmed yet because my doctors says i might still be growing and wants to observe me for awhile more but definitely if i want a million dollar smile and nice face shape, i sure will go for the all the surgeries sooner or later so be excited for me and god bless me i will come out of the surgery room safe and sound. (:

No comments: